Sunday, June 27, 2010

Reflection




My Personal Theory of Learning is centered on students and how they learn and what strategies can be used to help the students learn. “Teachers want to transfer the knowledge and skills they currently possess to their students so that they too can embrace, enjoy, and use that knowledge academically, personally, and professionally,” (Lever-Duffy & McDonald, 2008, pg. 10). Using different strategies while teaching can enhance learning for students and help them learn the skills they need for the 21st century. In week one of this course I mentioned that students learn best when lessons are differentiated and focus of the multiple intelligences. Using technology is an easy way to differentiate instruction and appeals to several multiple intelligences.

Throughout the course I have learned several new technological tools that work well in the classroom. Next year I plan to incorporate Voice Thread into my classroom instruction. It is easy to use and allows students to create a multimedia project that can only enhance their learning. Another tool that I plan to use is Virtual Field Trips. Kids love to explore new things and what can be better for students then to have them explore new topics through a virtual field trip!

An immediate adjustment and long-term goal to my instructional practice is to use technology more as a learning tool then as an instructional tool. Although the students to use various programs to learn more about topics, I want to incorporate more technology lessons that have the students explore on their own rather than have me explore for them. Another long-term goal is to use Power Point or other programs for students to make their own instructional games. This would be a great tool for students to use with one another.

I have learned many strategies in this course that I will implement in my class next year.

References

Lever-Duffy, J. & McDonald, J. (2008). Teaching and learning with technology (3rd ed. pp. 2– 35). Boston: Pearson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dingle, Ireland

Dingle, Ireland
My Favorite Place